Seasonings (to taste):
- Preheat pan over MED heat.
- Add minced garlic and 1 T of the water/broth to pan.
- Saute 2-3 mins. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Add more water/broth as necessary.
- Increase heat to MED-HI.
- Add ground steak and saute until brown - about 5 mins.
- Add all seasonings and cook an additional 3 mins. Continue to add more water/broth as necessary.
- While that is cooking dice 1/2 of tomato and place other 1/2 in food processor or blender to puree.
- Mix in tomatoes, puree, and rest of broth.
- Turn heat down to MED-LO and simmer until it reaches desired consistency.
TIP: I usually mix all my spices together in a small bowl so I can add them all at once.
This can be prepared in advance and frozen. I'll make up batches of this and freeze into individual portions. Then I take it out the night before I'm ready to serve. The kids love taking this for school lunches as well.