Thursday, September 20, 2007

Teriyaki Fish

  • 100g whitefish
  • 2 T Bragg Liquid Aminos
  • 1 T rice vinegar (be sure to read the ingredients so that it includes NO sugar)
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 t ginger

    1. Mix Bragg Liquid Aminos, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger in a ziplock bag or dish with lid.
    2. Place whitefish in marinade and coat.
    3. Seal and refrigerate for 30 mins - 1 hr, turning once.
    4. Discard marinade and pat fish slightly dry with a papertowel.
    5. Grill 3-4 mins on the George Foreman until fish flakes. Or you can broil for 5-10 mins depending on thickness of fish.

    TIP: I usually marinate the fish in a ziplock bag. That way I can simply flip the bag over in the refrigerator one or two times while marinating. When it's finished marinating, I simply cut off one corner of the bag and drain out the marinade and then it's much easier to pull the fish out & pat it slightly dry.

  • 5 comments:

    Kim said...

    This recipe is amazing. I used Sea Bass but am not sure if it's on protocol. It looked "white" to me. Does anyone know?

    Renee said...

    So glad you enjoyed it, Kim. :)

    Are you meaning sea bass as in Chilean sea bass or a sea bass as in grouper?

    If it's Chilean sea bass, yes, that's a whitefish, however, it has a pretty high fat content. I think even higher than salmon. It's so yummy, but you might want to watch your losses and see if it causes you any kind of stall.

    I hope that helps. :)

    J. said...

    I had this with orange roughy. I modified the teriyaki just a touch by adding a little stevia to the mixture. Its been my experience that teriyaki is sweet so I felt it needed it. I didn't have time to marinade so I just added it on top the fish while it cooked. It was WONDERFUL!

    Unknown said...

    Hi Renee - I can't have Bragg's Amino Acids since I've got a soy allergy - do you know of any other options?

    Thanks, sabrinakeen@hotmail.com

    Bre said...

    If you're going by Kevin's book (and I'm new here so maybe you're not) Chilean sea bass is ok.

    I tried this recipe with halibut last night and it was fantastic. It tastes like real teryaki :)

    Thank you a million times over for this site. I've done this diet three times now and this is the first time I've had recipes for it!